Serious Game Conference, CEBIT, Germany
I speak at conferences and teach classes and workshops all around the world. I've been a speaker at every SF GDC since 1994, and won the spot as the "Ace of Spades" in the speaker gift card deck for a top-15 talk in 2007 out of the hundreds at the show. Below are some examples of the workshops, lectures, and classes I have conducted over the years, but I am always open to crafting new material for specific purposes upon request.
Lectures/Keynotes (A few highlights only)
- CGDC 1994 Interactive Directing
- CGDC 1996 "Interactive Show, Don't Tell"
- AGDC 1999 "How LucasArts Did It" - First Australian Game Developer's Conference
- GDC 2002 All-day tutorial on Game Design Fundamentals
- GDC 2003 All-day tutorial on Brainstorming
- IMAGINA 2004 Video Game Production Process panel, Monaco
- AGDS 2006 "Better Living Through Gameplay" - Asian Game Developers Summit Keynote, Singapore
- Berlinale 2007 Virtual Cinema panel at the Berlin Film Festival with Kees Kasander, Tom Tykwer
- GDC 2007 "Are You Serious?" - Description of Serious Game opportunities for individual game developers and studios
- GDC 2008 Interview with Sid Meier - one on one interview of Sid's spectacular background in the games industry
- Gamecon 2009 Guest of Honor at game show held in Naples, Italy
- SIEGE Atlanta 2010 Keynote speech on "Game Design Values" - new ideas about game design tools and how to apply them